Bangor High School Class of 2023 Families:
- Senior Salute: June 6th, 6:00PM in Peakes Auditorium. This is a precursor to Graduation. Families are invited to attend to capacity. The students proceed formally into Peakes Auditorium wearing their Caps and Gowns, where they will reflect on their time at BHS and hear from a student speaker. There is a reception following the ceremony with a professional photographer capturing the night.
- The Alma Mater March: June 7th, 11:00AM. This is a day when students march through the hallways of the schools they attended in Bangor. Students are bussed by East Side / West Side and will sign up for this event in the coming weeks. Bus must be taken.
- Senior Banquet: June 8th 6:00PM @ BHS. This free event is for senior students only. Pictures for a class slideshow can be sent to Eric Hutchins by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. All seniors are encouraged to attend.
- Mandatory Marching Practice: June 9th 8:00AM at BHS. Seniors are asked to arrive at BHS by bus or their own transportation by 8AM and then drive themselves or be bussed to the Cross Center for final ceremony preparations. The practice should end by 11:30AM.
- Graduation is at the Cross Insurance Arena on Sunday, June 11th. The ceremony starts at 4PM and students need to arrive at the Cross Center by 3:15PM.
Important Notes on Graduation:
- Caps and Gowns are required for the Graduation Ceremony. The cost is $28.00. Families can pay by cash or check in the front office or online at the Bangor High School website.
- A ticket is required for each attendee. Each graduate will be physically given 10 tickets as a starting amount. More tickets can be acquired from Mrs. Hopkins in the main office.
- No drinks are allowed in the Cross Arena. Please make sure they/you do not stop for coffee first– drinks will have to be thrown away before entering.
- Graduates need to wear appropriate dress and shoes for the long walk to their seats and for crossing the stage.
- Only BHS regalia (caps, gowns, stole, tassel) may be worn. Honor cords and pins from organizations with an academic or co-curricular connection can augment the regalia.
- A professional photographer will be covering the ceremony. Please do not approach the stage area during the ceremony.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call 992-5502.