Course Selection Resources: Rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
January 24: BHS Program of Studies, Class Menus (typical courses by class), and Course Selection Cards distributed to all students during Mod 1-2 Class
January 24 – February 14: Students consult with parents, current teachers, and Guidance to choose request courses to be taken next school year (2019-2020)
- All students must select at least six (6) classes unless otherwise approved by an administrator
- Current teachers in English, Math, Science and PE must review course selections prior to submission
- Course Selection Cards must be signed by a parent / guardian prior to submission to Guidance
- Selection of Honors or AP Courses require a signature from a teacher within the department of each course
- Students are strongly encouraged to meet and consult with the Guidance Counselor– see Mrs. Langille in the Guidance Office
February 15: All Course Selection Cards must be turned into the Guidance Office. Late cards may result in missed opportunity to enroll in desired course(s)
February 15 – April 30: Master schedule is developed in consideration of requested courses. Some courses may not be offered for enrollment or other reasons.
May 1: Draft schedules will be issued to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors. Add / drop period opens, and students may modify schedules in consideration of the six course requirement, the availability of courses, and other scheduling needs or limitations.
June 28: Add / drop period ends, and all student schedules should be finalized at this time.
Resources: Students were provided physical copies of the following documents, which can be viewed and downloaded here (PDF)
- BHS Program of Studies- 2019-2020 School Year (full overview of all programs and specific description of courses and prerequisites)
- Rising Sophomore Menu (courses typically available during the sophomore year)
- Rising Sophomore Course Selection Card (Yellow)
- Rising Junior Menu (courses typically available in the junior year)
- Rising Juniors Course Selection Card (Pink)
- Rising Senior Menu (courses typically available in the senior year)
- Rising Senior Course Selection Card (Blue)
BHS Guidance Office Contact : Guidance Secretary Deb Langille (992-5502 / firstname.lastname@example.org)