Bangor High School
2018 Graduation & Senior Events Information
Senior Prom: Saturday, May 19 7:00-10:00pm @ Spectacular Events Center
- Tickets must be purchased prior to the event during lunch periods outside the cafeteria.
- Students wishing to bring a non-BHS guest must receive formal permission from administration.
- Students arrange their own transportation to and from Senior Prom.
Senior Marching Practice: Friday, May 25 & Wednesday, May 30
- Important preparation for Senior Salute and Graduation.
- Inform administration if an absence from either day is unavoidable.
- AM UTC students will participate and travel to UTC after practice.
Caps & Gowns Distribution: Thursday, May 31 (Mods 5-8 / Between Classes Only in Lower B Lobby)
- Families are responsible for the purchase of a BHS cap & gown.
- Caps & gowns must be worn at the Senior Salute and at the Graduation Ceremony.
- No adornments to the cap and gown other than those approved by administration are allowed.
Senior Final Exams: Monday, June 4 – Wednesday, June 6 (staggered / at regular class times)
- Seniors must take exam(s) in all classes in which they are required to complete the exam.
- Once a class exam is completed, seniors do not continue to attend that class.
- Questions may be directed to BHS Guidance @ 992-5516.
Senior Salute: Tuesday, June 5 @ 7:00pm Peakes Auditorium (Students arrive in cap & gown 6:15pm)
- Family and friends are invited to attend Senior Salute, which is a longtime favorite event.
- This “mini graduation” includes marching into the auditorium and an address by a special guest.
- Families are invited to a reception (and pictures opportunities) sponsored by the BHS Key Club.
Senior Exam Make-up Session: Thursday, June 7th 8:00-9:00am (with prior approval only)
- Seniors who missed exam(s) for an excused absence may take an exam during this session.
- At teacher discretion for other circumstances, seniors may take an exam during this session.
- Notification (by phone) of seniors who did not meet graduation requirements by 12:00pm
Senior Banquet: Thursday, June 7 6:00-8:30pm Spectacular Events Center
- The Senior Banquet is for members of the senior class and BHS faculty only.
- Banquet tickets must be purchased for $5 prior to the event during lunch hours outside the cafeteria.
- The banquet is a fun reflection of the seniors’ experiences at Bangor High School.
Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal: Friday, June 8
- Students are asked to arrive b 8:15am through the Peakes Auditorium doors
- Students may take the bus or arrive by their own transportation
- 8:30-9:15am: Seniors will review & update their Future Plans Survey
- 9:15: Seniors travel with their own or parent-approved transportation to the Cross Center
- Busing will be provided to and from BHS for the rehearsal
- 9:45-11:45am: Graduation Rehearsal (no tardies / no early departures)
- 10 tickets are physically given to seniors at second Marching Practice
- Additional tickets beyond the 10 may be requested up to June 8 through the BHS Main Office.
- Tickets are required for admission to the ceremony and will be collected at the door.
2018 Graduation Ceremony: Sunday, June 10 4:00pm at Cross Insurance Center
- Graduating seniors are expected to arrive via their own transportation by 3:15pm.
- Caps and gowns must be worn, and students are expected to otherwise dress within guidelines.
- Seating is general admission with no option to reserve seating in advance.
- Handicap seating is available within Cross Center arena with no prior communication.
- The ceremony is anticipated to be complete by 5:45pm with senior recessional.
- Tickets about matters related to graduation may be directed to the Main Office at 992-5500.
2018 Project Graduation: Sunday June 10 @ Bangor High School
- Sponsored by the 2018 Project Graduation Committee and the parents of the Class of 2018
- A range of fun activities and prizes will keep seniors entertained through the night.
- A free event— with only a permission form and participation waiver required for seniors.
Other Important Information:
- Students who have met all diploma requirements are eligible to participate in graduation.
- Students must be in good behavioral standing to participate in senior events, including graduation.
- All financial obligations must be cleared up in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Families of a student who is not eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony will be notified no later than 12:00pm on Thursday, June 7
- Questions about a student’s graduation status may be directed to BHS Guidance @ 992-5516
Any family needing financial assistance with any costs associated with senior activities is invited and encouraged to contact Mrs. Hopkins, BHS Secretary, @ 992-5502