Link to Graduation Ceremony Live Stream:
Link to View / Purchase Graduation Photos:
Ceremony Date: Sunday, June 14
Time: 12:30pm arrival / 1:00pm ceremony start
Location: Bangor High School Campus
Communication / Contacts for Graduation Information:
- Participation in the ceremony is by vehicle only. For safety and space reasons among others, please do not arrive in limousines or other larger vehicles. If transportation is a challenge for your family, please contact us.
- We must limit vehicles to one per graduate. On a very limited basis, we can allow a second vehicle but we ask that families do their best to avoid this request. If absolutely necessary, please contact us by phone or email.
- Families must settle all student debts (books, fees, lost or damaged items, etc.) for the student to participate in graduation. For assistance in any way, please contact us by phone or email.
- Seniors are asked to wear caps and gowns during the ceremony and to sit on the passenger side upon arrival. Under state guidelines, we ask that only the senior leave a vehicle when called to cross the podium.
- Caps and gowns can be picked up curbside at BHS and must be paid for in advance. Yearbooks (if ordered), a name placard for the ceremony, and a Class of 2020 t-shirt will be included with the cap and gown: Please arrive between 9:00 am – 1:00pm
Monday, June 8: Senior last name A – M
Tuesday, June 9: Senior last name N – Z
For Graduation: Please arrive beginning at 12:30 pm (with your name placard) to your assigned traffic line. Lines are based on the last name of your senior. BHS staff members will greet and direct you when you arrive in your traffic line:
Last name A – M: Travel up Essex Street and turn left onto Grandview Avenue
Last Name N – Z: Travel up Broadway and turn right onto Grandview Avenue
- The ceremony will begin at 1:00 PM sharp and families can tune into a live radio broadcast courtesy of ZoneRadio. The ceremony also will be live video streamed, and the link will be shared as soon as it is known.
- Following opening remarks and the National Anthem, two seniors will deliver live speeches to the class before we move into the announcement of scholarships that are given each year at the Graduation Ceremony.
- We will then move to the conferring of diplomas. Vehicles from each traffic line will be directed in alternation onto Hobart Street to form one traffic line that will make its way toward the school’s inner access road.
- Vehicles will be guided onto the inner access road that runs closest to the school. Traffic will be directed and paced by staff members. It is critical for drivers to be attentive to those staff members at all times.
- Seniors (with name placards in hand) will be beckoned from the vehicle and guided to stand at one of several spots marked along the inner sidewalk according to social distancing guidelines set by our state.
- Seniors will maintain social distancing as they proceed toward the stage near Peakes Auditorium. Family vehicles will keep pace with their graduate, remaining parallel at a slow crawl and taking direction from staff.
- Each graduate will hear their name announced as they take a ceremonial diploma from a table and then pause for a photo center stage. Families will have the opportunity to purchase photos from our vendor.
- With assistance from BHS staff, families will have a true “front row seat” to the conferring of the diploma as they follow alongside (but remain in vehicles) before picking up their graduate on the exit side of the stage.
- With appreciation to the parents of BHS Project Graduation 2020, each graduate will also receive a special gift as they make their way off the stage, re-enter the vehicle, and make their way to the campus exit road.
- The traditional closing elements (turning tassels, tossing caps) will be part of the streaming but will need to be enjoyed by graduates and families at a safe spot of their choice off campus.
- Once vehicles arrive in their assigned traffic line, we will not be able to adjust the order safely. If you wish to be lined up near a family in your traffic line, please coordinate your arrival together in advance.
- We are able to host on campus only vehicles directly involved with the seniors and the ceremony and cannot provide a viewing area for other vehicles. Please tune in to the live video stream to be provided.
- We are committed to an accessible graduation ceremony. If your family is having difficulty meeting any of the requirements, please contact the school for assistance @ 992-5502.
- The Project Graduation Parent Group is still working out plans for an abbreviated, virtual event for graduation night to celebrate YOU! Watch your “Graduation” Google Classroom for updates soon!