2017-2018 Midterm Exams Overview
Please review this information carefully as BHS has implemented changes to the midterm exam period:
- All BHS courses include a midterm exam that counts for up to 20% of the semester grade and in combination with Q1 & Q2 averages. Students must take the exam to be eligible for semester credit.
- Exams take place over four days (Tuesday January 16 through Friday, January 19) with two, two-hour exam sessions scheduled on each of those days.
- Exams are expected to be taken in the order the student’s schedule as outlined in the table below. Any changes must be approved by an administrator and in consultation with teacher(s) in advance.
- Students must be present for the entire exam session and will not be admitted after an exam has begun.
- Students will have quiet study options for any period during which they do not have a scheduled exam.
- Students are encouraged to take advantage of those quiet study options (library, cafeteria) but are not required to attend school during their non-exam sessions.
- Normal bus routes, times and locations are in effect for all exam days. There will be no mid-day bus beginning with this year’s exams and moving forward.
Midterm Exam Daily Schedule:
|Tuesday 16th||Wednesday 17th||Thursday 18th||Friday 19th|
|8:00-10:00am||Mod 1-2 Class Exam Session||Mod 5-6 Class Exam Session||Mod 9-10 Class Exam Session||Mod 13-14 Class Exam Session|
|10:00-10:25am||Announcements / Break|
|10:30-12:30pm||Mod 3-4 Class Exam Session||Mod 7-8 Class Exam Session||Mod 11-12 Class
|Mod 15-16 Class Exam Session|
|12:30-2:00pm||Dismissal / Lunch / Supervised Study / Pre-arranged Work with Teacher(s)|
|2:00pm||Buses arrive for normal afternoon departure.|
Following the second exam session (12:30-2:00pm):
- Students will have a lunch period in the cafeteria with hot lunch served
- Supervised quiet study areas will be available after lunch through 2:00pm
- Students may arrange for individual work with teacher(s) after lunch through 2:00pm
- Students may depart at 12:30pm with their own, family-arranged transportation but are encouraged to take advantage of quiet afternoon study options to perform at their best on exams.
Exams that are missed for excused reasons need to made up within one week. An Incomplete (“I”) will appear on the report card / transcript until the exam has been completed and the grade determined.
Questions regarding midterm exam administration may be directed to Mrs. Hopkins @ 992-5502.